Getting ready for your clinic or hospital visit often takes time and planning, which is why we've compiled a list of to-dos to make it a little easier.
We want to make the registration process as simple as possible. You can pre-register by calling 720-777-6797. Please have your insurance card on hand. The pre-registration process should take less than 10 minutes.
After you pre-register, a staff member will talk to your insurance company to approve your visit. Please keep in mind that an authorization is not a guarantee of payment.
Contact your insurance company
Talk to your insurance company before your visit to figure out specific insurance plan benefits. This will also make the process for payment after your appointment easier.
See which insurance plans we accept
Our patient cost estimate specialists can figure out the amount that your family will be responsible for paying based on your:
- Scheduled service
- Insurance coverage
- Specific benefits (deductibles, co-insurance, etc.)
Call 720-777-0720 to reach a specialist anytime Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Children’s Colorado also works with eligible patients and families to apply for government support or charity programs for hospital services.
Learn more about financial assistance
Do your research
Bring information with you to your doctor’s appointment or hospital visit. To find more information, you can:
- Ask your child’s doctor or nurse team for information on your child’s condition or symptoms. You can also ask for recommended books, articles and websites.
- Visit or request information from the Family Health Library on the Anschutz Medical Campus.
- Talk to another parent or patient who has your child’s condition.
Make a list of questions
One of the most important things you can do to get ready for your visit is to make a list of your child’s symptoms, your concerns and any questions you have for the doctor. Plan on bringing a list of:
- Your child’s symptoms, including when they happen and how long they last
- Questions about your child’s condition, tests they might need, treatment options and how the doctor has cared for other children with the same condition
- Your child’s questions and thoughts
It may be useful to set aside time to have your child explain his or her symptoms directly to the doctor.
Bring everything you need
For each visit to a Children’s Colorado location, you should bring:
- Your insurance card (or a copy of the front and back)
- Form of payment (cash, check or credit)
- Notes of your child’s illness or symptoms
- List of current treatments and/or medications
- A notebook or paper to take notes
General tips for your visit
Visiting the doctor or hospital can be overwhelming. Here are a few tips to make the visit more manageable:
- Bring your notebook. Keep it handy and write things down as needed. Ask the doctor to repeat things if needed.
- If you are feeling overwhelmed, let the doctor know. If needed, ask if you can set up another time for questions when you will be better able to take in new information.
- Be respectful of the doctor’s busy schedule. If the appointment runs late, ask for another appointment or for a time when you can talk with the doctor over the phone.
- Find someone you trust. Within your child’s medical care team, you’ll likely find someone whom you are most comfortable with. Use this person as a resource to ask for clarification or for extra help.
How to reschedule an appointment
If you need to change or cancel an appointment, please call at least 24 hours in advance. This helps us rearrange our schedule to treat other children who are waiting. If you need to change an appointment, please call our main number at 720-777-1234 and ask for the department treating your child. You can also update or cancel your appointment in MyChart. Don’t have a MyChart account? Sign up now.
If you are coming to Children’s Colorado for surgery, check out our tips for preparing for your child’s surgery.